Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year, A New Beginning



Dear Friends and Supporters, 


Being able to serve my DC community as America's Miss DC 2012 has been the best experience of my life thus far! In one month, America's Miss DC 2013 will be crowned! Time sure does fly by quickly! However, I must thank YOU: my friends, family, supporters, sponsors and all 617,996 residents of the District, for welcoming me with open arms this past year! Also, thank you to America's Miss Pageants for giving me the opportunity to serve you. I am forever grateful and will always be your America's Miss District of Columbia 2012! 


After America's Miss DC, I will be continuing my work with young girls through my passion for health education! As many of you may know, I have been visiting schools and speaking with students about nutrition, making healthy choices and self-confidence. I want you all to know that it doesn't stop after the crown. I am, along with a dynamic board of directors, enthusiastic volunteers, and local schools, working on establishing The Girls Health Education Project (GHEP), an initiative to educate girls 8-17 about multiple aspects of their overall health. We have 4 target goals: Nutrition and body image, physical activity, skin care, and reproductive health. This year is our trial year and we are expecting to have our first set of seminars in the next month or two! I'd really appreciate your support as I continue to serve the DC community. 


Please "like" and share our Facebook page and stay tuned: https://www.facebook.com/TheGirlsHealthEducationProject


Sending love and wishing you all the BEST 2013 has to offer! Remember, as one door closes, another is opening before you know it! 


xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment